Preparing Your Fort Worth Area Home For Winter
You only need to spend a short time making sure your Fort Worth home is in great shape for the winter, but it will give you peace of mind and help to prevent expensive problems.
- Schedule an inspection for the HVAC system or furnace and change the filters.
- Check the drainage in your yard and around the foundation of your house, and clean out the rain gutters around the roof.
- Clean your chimney and fireplace.
- Test the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace the batteries if needed.
- Cover the outdoor faucets and protect pipes.
- Check your trees. Remove dead trees or dead branches, and make sure no branches are touching your roof or your home’s exterior walls.
- Contact your utility company to get an energy audit.
- Put away your yard care equipment and patio furniture.
- Pack a survival kit of food, water, flashlights, and essential things you will need if the power goes off.
If you do notice water in your home from a heavy storm or a broken pipe, be sure to call SERVPRO of North Fort Worth right away at (817) 232-3333.